Explore the Beauty of Katahdin this Fall
Our Top Fall Foliage Sights in Katahdin Area
Step outside the front door at Camp Katahdin and drive North or South in Penobscot County and you will see drop dead gorgeous fall colors from the end of September through October. Here are a few of our favorite stops along the way to the best of the sights and tastes of fall…
- Meander on a scenic driving tour up to Baxter State Park. In the mood for one of kind landscapes? You’re sure to encounter waterfalls, scenic ponds, moose, and other wildlife along the way. Depending on when you come, we will send you in the right direction and provide you with some worthwhile stops along the way.
- McNally’s Farm is a premier farm serving the Patten, Maine Area with fresh wholesome locally grown Blueberries, Potatoes, Raspberries. If you book now you might see a pumpkin or two.
- The Lumberman’s Museum in Patten, Maine is extremely interesting museum showing the lives of the old lumberjacks and how they moved the logs on the rivers and in the woods.
- Hike the Appalachian Trail! We are very close to the International Appalachain trail. The IAT is a hiking trail which runs from the northern terminus of the IAT at Mt. Katahdin through New Brunswick, to the Gaspe Peninsula of Quebec.
- Head up to Katahdin Woods and Waters National Monument for one of the most stunning fall landscapes you will ever see. Do not leave the Katahdin area without a drive, and we highly recommend a hike as well. You’re bound to see all kinds of wildlife too!
- There is also a small Amish community that settled in the picturesque town of Patten. Check out Northeastern Rustic for the most beautiful, handmade furniture you have ever seen! And while you are there, don’t miss the Pioneer Place for one of kind, handmade tools, you won’t find in any other hardware store. Of course, visit one of the many Amish stands to enjoy fresh eggs, maple syrup, or delicious baked goods.
- Schedule a hunt. Depending on your dates, we have access to acres and acres of prime hunting lands. Deer hunting, grouse hunting, rabbit hunting are on the menu this fall. We are also commercially zoned for Pheasant Hunts, so no license needed, 7 days a week, regardless of the season.
- Schedule an ATV or a snowmobile ride. Depending on the time of year or weather, ATV or Snowmobile trails are ready for you. Our local clubs build and maintain the most amazing trails for all level of experience. You can even ride into town to eat (do not miss Craig’s Clam Shop!).
Fall is the Time to Cozy Up by the Fire…
After a day out exploring Katahdin, there is no better way to complete your journey than by cozying up in front of the fireplace with a glass of wine in front of the living room fireplace or in our new luxury lodge.
Denney Lodge at Camp Katahdin is a new, luxury Lodge in Patten, Maine that sits right on Maine’s most beautiful mountain vistas (in our humble opinion). It sleeps 15 and comes with a brand new Chef’s kitchen. Step out your door and jump on your four wheelers or snowmobile (depending on the season) for short rides around town or let us help you map out an amazing day trip. Read more about our lodge here: